I haven’t had any of my sewing machines running for at least a couple of years. A few weeks ago I pulled out one of the portables and put it on the dining room table. There it sat and waited. And waited. I looked at it. I thought about setting it up.
This particular machine is really cute.
It doesn’t look as daunting as it can seem when you have packed it away for a long time and forgotten how to even turn on the light never mind get it humming along.
Well today I finally set up the card table, plugged the machine in, threaded it and off we went!
It may not sound like much but I find in my boomer years that I have very little patience for trial and error and machines that sometimes don’t work easily. I was lucky today. I managed to get it threaded right after only one false start. I managed to lengthen the stitches so the bobbin thread wouldn’t bunch up underneath. I sewed the binding all around the edge of my quilt! Now all the quilt needs is for me to blind stitch the binding to the right side of the quilt border. I may even get to take a picture soon of the finished quilt and post it here. How exciting!!